This one-day conference comprised of lectures, panel discussions, and case presentations will provide an in-depth overview of current issues and advances in cytopathology and cytotechnology.
Participants are encouraged to attend in-person at Mount Sinai Hospital on November 4th, 2023. The symposium will be live-streamed online for participants who are unable to attend in-person.
- Describe the new “International System for Serous Fluid Cytopathology” classification, identify cytomorphological features of serous fluid lesions, and integrate cytomorphology to formulate a diagnosis.
- Identify various cell block techniques, along with their advantages and disadvantages, and demonstrate the role of cell blocks in cytology fluid diagnoses.
- Describe digital pathology and understand its impact in cytopathology and the laboratory
- Identify specific features of challenging cases and establish a differential diagnosis
- Understand the importance of cytopathology and how the laboratory diagnosis affects the patient
- Cytotechnology students